Friday, November 03, 2006

Unexpected Love

A friend of mine asked me if I could download the L Word season 2 soundtrack for her. Of course it was no big deal, except for the fact that I have no idea what the L Word was. At first I thought it was some movie, but thanks to google's help, now i know that it's a television series. And I'm guesssing it's a series that will never be shown here in this country... Why? Well, it's a lesbian tv series. But apprarently, according to my friend, you can have a copy of the dvd from your friendly neighborhood pirata... hhmmnn... what else can't you buy in this country???

So after 1 day.. (yes, not so many seeders for this particular soundtrack) I finished downloading the soundtrack... and i must say... i wasn't expecting it... but i love it! I've never loved any other soundtrack like this. The nearest would have to be the Serendipity soundtrack. It's this amazing mix of many things. From mellow songs that will just make you want to fall in love to kickass dance mixes that would tempt you to blast your speaker's volume to maximum. I love it!!!

One song I particularly love the most is "No Other Love" by Heart. I swear, the song gave me goosebumps...and to think the lyrics is so simple. I guess it's the way the song was sang... it's something you just don't listen to... it's something you have to feel aswell.
Now i'm trying to download the season 3 soundtrack. And as of now, no one is seeding the season 1 soundtrack. I'm hoping they're equally good.
Makes me wonder if the series is as good as the soundtrack...
My friend warned me about the series (and i quote) "It's not for the frail of hearts and innocent of minds" hahaha.... i just had to laugh. Well, if I survived Wong Kar Wai's "Happy Together", I'd like to think my heart is not so frail and my mind is definitely not as innocent as people think it is... :) Plus, my highschool life pretty much revolved around an exclusive school environment. Believe me, I've seen / heard / been though a lot and I don't think an American TV series could corrupt me any more than I am now. :)

I might borrow her copy of the series anytime soon.
But for now, Im enjoying every second of the soundtrack...
"And I can go, I can go anywhere.
No other love can take me there."
---"no other love"

No comments: