Thursday, December 01, 2005

one of my favorite songs...

someone introduced me to this song when i was in highschool....
i loved it ever since. (hindi dahil dun sa tao ah!)
may poetry in between nung kanta. (yung naka-italic)
the poetry is by e.e. cummings
i think this is his best poem..
di nga ako makapaniwala nung una na sya yung gumawa,
pra ksing ang layo nung iba nyang works.
this was sung by lisa angelle.... cno kamo???
di ko rin sya kilala...
basta ang alam ko lang,
this was used dun sa Beauty and the Beast na series dati...


The First Time I Loved Forever


somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond

any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

The first time I loved forever was when you whispered my name.
And I knew at once you loved me for the me of who I am.
The first time I loved forever I cast all else aside.
And I bid my heart to follow, be there no more need to hide.

And if wishes and dreams are merely for children, and
if love's a tale for fools,
I'll live the dream with you.

or if your wish be to close me,i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,

as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

For all my life and forever, there's a truth I will always know.
When my world divides and shatters, your love is where I'll go.

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens; only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody,not even the rain, has such small hands



No comments: