Thursday, August 30, 2007

27 is my new lucky number!

Today is Day 27!
And there are 2 things i should be screaming about today:
1. I've finally landed a job I really want! (and pays well) - woohoo!!!
2. Today is the start of ComEx Singapore - woooooooohooooooo!!!!

The Job
2 weeks from now, I will be once again part of the IT workforce. We're now waiting for my employment pass to be approved by M.O.M., and after that, it's all systems go! I like LOVE the job, as it entails a lot of business trips and it's a totally new domain for me (and the pay and benefits ain't bad either).

My new title: Research and Development Department Support Engineer. whew! that's an awfully long title! Hindi po yan call center job ah! (defensive! nyaahahaha) It's more on maintenance and deployment, (prang xGSN, pero may BT... hehehe...) that's why there's extensive travel and several training oppurtunities. They told me my first stop after my training is neighboring Malaysia. yeah, I know, so much for "out-of-the-country-experience", when it's a freakin' bus ride away. But hey, there's BT allowance so I don't mind at all... :) Hopefully I can be deployed elsewhere, as long as it's not Iraq or other war-torn country...

My future boss told me they are thinking of expanding (not sure when though)... so if you wanna join the "dark side" of the force... email me: dyingsonnet[at]gmail[dot]com


The Fair
ComEx is dubbed the biggest IT show of the year...

All of us (me, my brother, and his gf) are all working in the IT industry and are quite "IT-centered" (a.k.a. gadget geeks) so you can really smell the excitement in the air when all 3 of us are talking about comex even a few days back...Now, try to imagine us a few hours before the fair... I can bet my lunch money those two aren't working in their respective offices... to damn excited... well, so am I!!!!

WHOOOOOOHOOOO!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!! (on the down side though, I've no money booooooooo!!! :( )
I'm hoping for a lot of freebies though (OMG! i'm running after freebies....i think i'm turning singaporean!!!??!!!)

gtg... got to get dressed for the main event!!! whooooohoooo... suntec city, here we go!!!! :)
yeah, i know, i seem to be more excited about Comex than getting a job.... that's because I am! hehehe...

2 comments:

jasmine said...

congrats nia >:D<

neni said...

thanks jas! :)

kita-kits sa finals ok? hehehe...