Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I (need) want a new phone...

My motorola's battery is acting up for quite some time now. But instead of buying a new battery, I am just going to ditch it for new phone, since it's a very old model anyway. (and because I caaaaan....)

I need a slim phone, preferably as slim as motorola razr v3i. The cheaper, the better, since it's just a "secondary" phone for my Singtel prepaid SIM. (I'll still be keeping my Dopod 838Pro for my Starhub line). Special features not that important, I just need it for text messaging and making calls.  Good keypad design is definitely a factor. Long battery life is preferable. Likes long walks on the beach and taking care of dogs and cats is a big plus... (erm... wait, scratch that last one...wrong ad! :P)

Anyway, so far what comes to mind is Nokia 5310. It's slim and it's simple yet elegant... me like. :)



I've seen several Sony Ericsson models that fit the bill, but I've never had an SE phone before, so I'm not so sure if the user interface would be a big leap from what I've gotten used to.

Anyway, I'm still hunting for the perfect phone out there, I'm not really in a hurry.

Any suggestions?

2 comments:

donna marie said...

Ola.
This phone reminded me of your old v3i, but slimmer and more sexier. It's really thin, absurdly thin that sitting on it will go byebye.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_u300-1853.php

SIZE Dimensions 100 x 51 x 9.6 mm ---> 9.6!!
compare it to 5310's size = Dimensions 103.8 x 44.7 x 9.9 mm --> .3 difference w00t

only drawback is there's no card slot and 70 mb seems a bit meh.

So thats it :D check the specifications here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_u300-1853.php

k a r e n said...

I am personally a big fan of Nokia phones but I have been using my Sony Ericson W810i phone now for more than 2 years and I love it. I thought the UI wouldn't be as good as the Nokia but it's actually quite user friendly and it seemed like a lot of thought went into ease of navigation.

I can't say how the UI would be on the phone you are thinking of purchasing since it's a diff model altogether but it might be worth a shot?