Monday, October 12, 2009

im not so sure if it's bud's fault...

Last Friday night, Donna and some of her officemates met up with me for a few drinks at Ice Cold bar near Somerset. I brought Yellow and Red with me, both of whom were wearing dresses. Lord help me. I'm such a sucker for women in dresses...


Anyway, everyone seemed to be enjoying the evening. Both Yellow and I drank about 4 bottles of Budweiser, Donna drank Hoegaarden beer as big as her head. Red on the other didn't drink alcohol at all.

As we were all engaged in conversation, I was sitting next to Red and I noticed that her right hand was comfortably placed on top of my thigh. The next thing I knew, my left hand found it's way to that hand of hers and held it. I'm not so sure if I should blame the 4 bottles of bud, or my inborn stupidity for that. (Or it's another case of my body parts conspiring against me... I know, I'm crazy... but is that news for anyone by now?!?)

After what could be three seconds of tiny little voices shouting in my head "STOP, WTF ARE YOU DOING MORON! STOP! LET GO OF HER HAND!", I casually let go of her hand and pretended to scratch my head. My hand never touched hers again after that. (Sobriety taking over, I guess)

In my defense, it's not my fault. Her hand left her turf first. Had her hand not been there, I would not have the stupid and impulsive idea of holding it. <---- lamest excuse in the history of mankind, next to "my dog ate my homework"

I know... I know... I should know better. I should never send signals to people at this point, especially when I'm not even sure if I like them that much. That's just asking for trouble.

But the thing is, maybe I really do like her... why else would I subconsciously want to hold her hand if I didn't?

But then again, maybe I just held it because it was already there, so accessible and ready for the taking...

And why am I even stressing over this? What are we? 12 year olds?! (in terms of maturity level, for my case, maybe yes.) Maybe for her, it's not even a signal? It's not even a tiny green blob in the radar.

And why in the world were her hands there anyway?! She has her own thighs, for heaven's sake! Maybe my thigh is just a really comfortable place to rest one's hands on?!

Women are just confusing people... I confuse myself most of all. Makes me wonder sometimes why I want to go out with them... oh yeah, they look great in dresses... among other things. :)

.... Welcome to the mind of an over-analyzer...

Can I sue Budweiser for this? :) hehehe...

1 comment:

iconpool said...

haha!