Tuesday, November 03, 2009

drug store nostalgia

I went inside the drug store near the hotel I'm staying in to buy something to drink. While trying to pick which fruit juice to buy, the song "Can You Stand the Rain" by Boys 2 Men started playing.

I couldn't help but smile, as it brought back morsels of memories. This song was part of the mixed tape (as in cassette tape) my first girlfriend gave me, way back in High School. I know... cheezy... and yes, I am THAT old.

It was one of the most beautiful gifts I have ever received. I even had it converted to CD when I was in college, just so I can preserve actual the songs she painstakingly recorded, the old-fashioned way (now, that's love!).

I waited inside the drug store for the song to finish before leaving. And I'm pretty sure I left there with a smile. That might have scared the storekeeper. hehehe...

No comments: