Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gym Day 1

20 minutes on stationary bike
20 minutes on treadmill
20 minutes on rowing machine
= 1 hour of self-inflicted torture.

For a person who hasn’t stepped inside a gym for nearly 3 years and has done nothing that could amount to anything “physical” within the same timeframe, day 1 of gym is nothing but a bucketful of pain and a fountain of sordid sweat. But that’s not the worse part of it. After beating myself up for “fitness-sake”, I went straight to the lockers and walla! I was greeted by one of my worst “fears”…. Women in towels…. But wait! There’s more! I was advised by the instructor to try the sauna to loosen up my tensed (and badly-beaten) muscles. Being the obedient kid that I am, I half-heartedly followed. It’s bad enough that they (toweled women) surround me, but to join them… now that’s a totally different story! After about 10 minutes of discussion with edaine (my officemate and fellow “gymer”) regarding the “proper decorum” in the sauna, with grave hesitation, I entered the dark & steamy room. I was seriously avoiding any form of contact (even eye contact) from the two other ladies inside. I sat there for about 15 minutes, then hit the showers, then went straight home.

I think I’m slowly becoming a masochist…good luck na lang sa akin! Hehehe…

3 comments:

raceirolg said...

sauna...

sauna tayo nia pag-uwi ko! hahaha... =P

neni said...

hindi ako masochist... IKAW yun...
sadist ako... :-D hehehe...

ใƒกใƒƒใƒ„ said...

nyah! sauna tayo tapos massage! :P hehehe..