Thursday, June 15, 2006

On silence and chickens

lying in the dark and cursing the neighbors
it's too early for me to sleep, but im way too bored to do anything else. The night would have been perfect for a nice long rest, except for one thing... Our neighbor (some dude) is having a videoke session, or as i'd like to call it, a deathwish. Even the usually noisy chickens are quiet tonight, perhaps contemplating on committing suicide, rather than listen to the neighbor perform yet another round of "Seasons in the Sun". Atleast the dogs were brave enough to bark in protest.


"we has joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun"....
somebody...anybody... kick this guy in the balls pleeeease...

And yes, dreams do come true!
The dude finally stopped singing! Either that, or someone actually kicked him out of his wits. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, sometimes, justice prevails!

Silence? Is there ever such a thing?
It's soooo nice and quiet. The dogs stopped barking too! It's almost too good to be true. Being the pessimist that i am, any moment now, I'm expecting a marching band to play right and front of our window. Ok, that may have been too over the edge... Perhaps, yet another scorned wife will shout her lungs-out to her two-timing husband...Nope, still quiet... Hmmmnn... Well, maybe not tonight. I'm still wondering what the catch is...Ok, maybe there is no catch. Perhaps, every once in a while, our dear neighbors grow some common courtesy in their backyard garden. Ahhhh.... What a great night to rest!

I knew it! I'm crazy, I'm crazy!
Unfortunately, my mind is mocking me... Instead of having a nice and undisturbed rest on this unusually quiet night, this song keeps playing in my head : "we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun..." To make matters worse, there's an image in my head of chickens laughing... mocking me... I knew it! I'm crazy!

No comments: