Monday, August 21, 2006

Picture! Picture!

These past few days, i've been planning to go to different places to take pictures. I figured, it might be a nice hobby / distraction from all the things that have been bugging me for quite some time now. Last saturday, i planned to go to Fort Santiago and Luneta. Yah, i know, chessy places... but i figured, it might be interesting. It's been years since i've gone to those places... last i was there was probably when i was in gradeschool... hehehe...

However, like any other thing i plan to do in my life, it never pushed through last saturday. i had to run some errands at home. I wasn't quite disappointed since what i was asked to do was slightly related to what i wanted... taking pictures... hehehe....

My dad asked me to take portraits of each family member, (or atleast those who are still here in the country.) He said he wanted to put it in frames for display. Why is my dad asking me? Am i that good??? Of course not! no way in hell....it's just that im the only one in the family who knows how to use the digicam...hehehe...

Portraits aren't really my thing. Given a choice, i'd much rather take pictures of inanimate objects... simply because they dont complain when it's taking too long, or when they look too dark in the picture (when in fact, they are dark in person... :) ) So this task is indeed a challenge... Given that i have no previous experience in portrait photography, i had to recall some of the instructions i got from those people who get class pictures from way way back in high school... yes i know... the situation is that desperate...hehehe....

The pictures were pretty average... definitely not done by a professional, but for people who have eyeglasses as thick as my head (ok, may be not THAT thick...), it was nice... But then again, they're my parents so i can never really tell if they really like it or they just dont want to hurt their little baby's feelings...hehehe...

But of course, it doesn't end there... my dad asked me if it's true that pictures can be edited using a computer...Yes, i know, the question did make me laugh too... (though i didnt laugh when my dad asked me... :) ) So obviously i said yes... which was probably a bad answer... hehehe :)
He asked me if i can "erase" some "age lines". . What the hell... Might be fun... So i let photoshop do it's magic... with my dad closely watching over my shoulder...making sure that i was making him look good in the picture... :) So... a little clone here.... and there.... color balance... etc...etc... after a few more tweaks, walla! my dad couldn't be happier... And now he's planning to run for the elections all for the sake of posting his pictures all over the city... hehehe... of course he was kidding... he was just really pleased... even called my brother in singapore to tell him about it... hahaha....

My mom, of course, didn't need to be "photoshopped". Well, for a person who took nearly an hour to preparefor a 5-minute picture-taking session... she'd better look good! Grabe! kinareer! It makes me really wonder why i never got any "kikay genes" from her... hehehe....

My eldest (and darkest... :) ) brother asked if i could "shed light" upon his "dark image".... nyaaahahaha... Again, thanks to photoshop... i had another satisfied (and non-paying... hehehe) customer... :)

My other brother (the PT dude) didn't need to be "photoshopped"... although i was quite tempted to put a "wig" on his picture... just for kicks... hehehe... :)


Im sure going to different places would be fun... going on an adventure... taking pictures of things you haven't seen before...But this day made me realize that sometimes you really dont have to go that far to have fun... :)
-----
definitely no place like home...

No comments: