Monday, August 14, 2006

rainy days and mondays

I hate mondays because its the start of a veeerrrry long work-week.
In short, im lazy!

I hate rainy days only when im about to go somewhere in which i have to use public transport.
Dont get me wrong, i have no problems riding buses, jeeps, etc.. but some people can be such a bitch when it's raining!

What a better way to start my week... It's monday (a given fact), plus, making things extra special,
it rained just a few minutes before i was about to leave our house. Great! just what i needed!

And since it's monday, the traffic jam of both vehicles and humans are much to be expected.

As i was waiting for a bus with a bunch of other people (some of which are already starting to be bitchy), mother nature thought that this was the best time to test my patience. The rain poured! Big time! All the buses that passed by us were already filled with people. But some people still insisted on riding, running after the bus and hanging on for dear life.

I used to do that when I was a little younger. I can't believe i survived 2 years of college doing that!
Imagine me, wearing the all-white college of science uniform, black leather shoes, backpack, and other school stuff, elbowing my way to ride a much-in-demand bus, just to make it to my 7:00am physics class... those were the days...

As much as i'd like to show the world that i can still do the same stunts i did when i was younger, i was in no mood to join the mob in harassing the buses that came by us. For about 30 minutes, I waited with the other "passive" passengers in hopes that an empty south-bound bus would miraculously fall down from heaven, which of course, never happened.(Otherwise, i would have asked for a sports car... "yung red" :) but we all know how that ends up too.... )

So i decided to just get a cab. Apparently, all the cabs there have a "terminal" (or just some random place where they "gang-up").
So when i reached the "gang":

Me : "Ma, MRT, north ave."
Manong: "250 po"

Whaathe?????? This guy has got to be kidding me?!!!

Me: "250??????"
Manong: "Mahal na po gasolina ngayon e"

Yah, for people like him, just about the same price as honesty and integrity, i suppose...

What i really regret is that i wasn't able to get the plate numbers of all the taxi's there.
I was too pissed off, so i just walked away as fast as possible.

So, back to my usual post in the bus stop... I was hoping that the number of people would have thinned up, but somehow, they've figured out a way to clone themselves and to multiply by the minute.

Still waiting... waiting.... waiting.... then i remembered my mp3 player! The music might cheer me up a bit...Select shuffle mode... press play... put on earphones... Oh! Great! guess what's playing...
Adding insult to injury..... "Laughter in the Rain" (not kidding here...) The Fates have decided to bully me today...I could swear i can hear little voices laughing at me... Hallucinating... people pointing at me, shouting "Loooooser!" I nearly lost it, thank God, my finger decided to press the next button in the mp3 player....

Now, listening.... waiting... listening.... moving a little, just to check if this is all real. i check my watch... it's 8:45am... Great! Even if i get a bus now (which is next to impossible), I'd still be late for work...

So what's the most logical thing to do... Get a tricycle... go back home... sleep!
At the nearest tricycle terminal:
Me: Manong, molave st.

after driving for about a few seconds...

Manong: miss, pag hinarang tyo, sabihin mo taga-parada ka. Yung mga tricycle drivers kase dyan nanghaharang e.

whatthe??? apparently, tricycle drivers here have "turfs". In my case, since i am from fortune village 6, i'd have to ride a tricycle from the terminal that's about 80 meters away, not the current tricycle terminal im in at that moment.
Pati ba naman dito may dishonesty pa din??? but atleast FINALLY, something worked my way...

I reached home, watched 3 movies in a row, and currently typing this in crimson editor...

Still waiting for the rain to stop...


------

rain, rain, go away, come again another day...
'cause someone's got to work today...


No comments: