Friday, July 27, 2007

credit card scammer?

warning to all credit card holders...

just this afternoon i received a call from a certain "Mr. De Leon of Makati City Warrants Section" saying that metrobank allegedly filed a case against me for breech of contract regarding my metrobank mastercard. to which i responded with a "huh?". he asked for my credit card number so that he can "verify" the case. hhmmnn...let me see... some random dude over the phone probably pretending to be some person wants to get my credit card number... yeah, like i'd give it! what a moron! so i didn't give him my credit card number and said i would have to call metrobank directly to confirm. i asked for his number so i can call him back.

too bad for "mr. de leon" because he has not done his homework well. first, my metrobank credit card is visa, not mastercard. second, metrobank does not know the number through which he contacted me. third, i don't have an outstanding balance with my metrobank credit card. fourth, my metrobank credit card was not issued by makati city. fifth, "breech of contract" is not one of the cases credit card companies file against it's users, but RA 8484. (thanks to my dad's lawyer for this info... :) )

just to be sure, i called metrobank to confirm this "case", and i was told that no such case was filled, and assured me that they have no reason to file one. I also asked if there are other cards / loans under my name, baka kase mamaya eh may gumagamit na pla ng pangalan ko. wala naman daw. I reported this incident to metrobank, just incase other people would get this same call.

i have no idea how this dude got my home number and name. and how in the world he knew that i have a metrobank credit card. i tried to call the number he left me, but guess what... it can't be contacted!

so far he hasn't called yet. but just in case he does... talking with him will definitely be fun...

No comments: