Saturday, December 29, 2007

l33t me up, scotty!

I've noticed alot of the blogs i've been reading lately have been "l33ting-up" people's names. What's up with that?


In case you are not familiar with l33t, from what little I know, it's changing some of the characters of a word to that of a number or symbol that somewhat looks like the original character. For example, instead of using "a", replace it with "@" or "9". Or when you want "i", just use "1". So in my case, "nina" can be written as "n1n@".

On a related note: I wonder if it's legally possible to change my name using that spelling... just so I'd see what it would look like on my diploma and passport... :) If that's the case, will it still be pronounced as "nina" or "nwanat" ? hhmmnn... probably the oldies will call me using the latter... hehehe...

So now I ask this mind-boggling question, ladies and gentlemen, why are you l33ting-up people's names? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it, as long as you don't call me "nwanat". I just really want to know why.

Are you afraid that some vain psychopath will search the web, looking for instances of his/her name, only to be led straight to your blog? Who would do such a thing?



Ok... fine...fine... there may be a handful of us out there... (vanity can be a bitch...)

But other than that, what purpose does it serve?

2 comments:

raceirolg said...

nwanat! este nina! hehe... musta ka na dyan?!? anong balita sa yo? hehe... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

anyway, nahihirapan ka bang magbasa? haha! ako nakiuso lang talaga wahaha... pero una kong no-l33t ay ung pangalan ng kumpanya mo dati (at kumpanya ko sa mga susunod pang taon wahaha...) at dahil un sa ism chu chu... hihi...

miss ka namin! >:D< nag-iipon na kami para sa singapore trip namin! basta ihanda mo si merlie ha, hihi... ingats! :-D

neni said...

glzerorwanthreecatr!
kamusta na?!!! buhay pa naman ako, at bored as usual... Merry Christmas at Happy New Year din!
miss ko na kyo!!!!!!! lunch tyo dito! :)
don't worry, malinis na si merlie :) hehehehe....