Thursday, December 06, 2007

Those Koalas better be worth it!

I must admit, getting this chance to go to Australia is one hell of an opportunity! The moment I was told by my boss that they want to send me, I tried very hard to hide my excitement and hold-up a professional stance as my mind drifted-away to a land full of cute and cuddly koalas and me running after them (with a knife in-hand… hehehe… joke lang!).

But this trip came at a very big price. I will be missing a lot of things while I’m not in SG:

First of, I told my friend that I’ll pick him up in the airport when he arrives in SG for work. Missing that really sucked, because I really wanted to give him a tour and some tips and tricks to survive the little island. It would also be nice to see a familiar face after a very long time.

Second, there is a company-wide 2-day orientation for the new intakes (me included!). There’s free food and more importantly, a tour of the company premises and the manufacturing plant! Damnit! I’ve always wanted to go there!!! There’s something about doors with signs like “Authorized Personnel Only” that attracts me so much… hehehe…

Third, the ex-n$p-in-sg costume-christmas party. A lot of these people are my seniors in my past company. It would have been nice to see them again. And oh man! I would have gone as Winnie the pooh. Red t-shirt lang, pwede na! nyaaahahaha…

Fourth, the pinoys-in-current-company Christmas party. Yeah.. ganun kami kadami, pwede kaming mag-hold ng party! Hehehe… sayang, I really wanted to meet them all. I already know some, but I was told marami pa akong di kilala.

Fifth, I missed my “for-3-days-only-5-foot-something-package”! You know who you are! Damnit! It would have been really nice to see you in SG!!! Damnit! (I’m still quite upset about it…)

5 very important events for the price of 9 days in Australia… oh boy! those koalas better be worth it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy for you! spreading your wings talaga ha pero sumakay ng plane ha, mapapagod ka pag lilipad ka lang hehehe.

sayang wala yata dun ngayon si mark, masaya sana if you could meet there

neni said...

hehehe... thanks ate weng! :)
oo nga e, sa NZ daw sya. pro naka-chat ko sya nung nandun ako... hehehehe...