Thursday, June 18, 2009

lock-down!

I'm quarantined at the moment... :( (self-imposed, nothing to worry about, so far....)

Just came back from Melbourne yesterday night. Just as we were about to alight the plane, the pilot announced that there were 2 passengers who developed high fever during the 7-hour flight.

We were then requested to fill-up a pink slip containing all our contact information. Our temperatures were checked one by one, aside from the mass body temperature check while walking towards immigration.

There were no news on which row numbers the 2 passengers were seated. If ever I am within the 3-row range of those two, then I will be sent for forced 7-day quarantine in some resort in Changi (not bad right? :P)

Even though I haven't received any phonecall or home visit from CDC yet, I made a choice to just stay at home. I wouldn't want to be famous in the company for bringing in our first office-related H1N1 case. :P

Anyway, I was googling around to check if Melbourne is as worse as they say it is in terms of H1N1 cases.... look what I found:

Australia's city of Melbourne has become the H1N1 flu capital of the world, according to a report... (from Channel News Asia)


greeeeat.... just great... [insert sarcasm here]

So now I'm stuck at home in my room (and still working... darn it!) counting down the days until everything clears up...

No comments: