Monday, September 01, 2008

gangway! gangway! mad woman in the kitchen!

Because I firmly believe that a large part of my unhealthy state is caused by the fact that I eat a lot of crap, I attempted to make my own food (not in a photosynthesis kind of way...)

This marks my farewell to the oily and MSG-laden food in our local hawker centers.

--------

Since I wake-up pretty late, I've decided it's best to prepare my meals the night before I'm supposed to eat them.

So here's tomorrow's menu:

Tomorrow's breakfast (168 Cal):
2 slices high fiber white bread= 137Cal
Kaya spread (less than 10g) = 31Cal



I'll also have the same thing for snacks in the afternoon (168 Cal):


And for lunch(200Cal)...
may I present my first kitchen masterpiece in SG:
It's basically left over rice, all the decent vege's we have left-over in the fridge, and some vegetarian stuff I picked up in the grocery the other day.

1/2 cup of steamed rice = 103Cal
1/4 of a small onion = 4Cal
1/2 of a small tomato = 4Cal
4 stripes of bell pepper = 2Cal
1 vegetarian sausage = 59Cal
50 grams tofu = 28Cal

Cook the tofu and vegetarian sausage. Use a non-stick pan and use very little cooking oil.
Once cooked, add in the vege's and stir-fry of about less than 5 minutes. Use low heat.

After that, what we have is:


the abomination that is called tomorrow's lunch. Well, I have to start somewhere, right? Hopefully I'll get better with this cooking thing.


Total Calories before dinner:
Breakfast = 168
Lunch = 200
Snacks = 168
TOTAL = 536Cal


Dinner is still up in the air, but it will probably include some fruits...
good luck to me then!

Bon appetit!

No comments: