Thursday, September 11, 2008

It feels like Christmas, perhaps even better!

So I was all set in marking this day as one of those ho-hum days that will not be remembered and will definitely not be part of my future auto-biographical masterpiece...

But just as I was to go to close my eyes to sleep, I got a text message from my brother's girlfriend:

"Nasabi ba sayo ng kuya mo, may package ka from us. Iwan ko sa sofa, ah?"
(Did your big brother tell you, you have a package from us. I'll leave it in the sofa, ok?)

Yes, she texted me even though we live in the same place... hehehe (perhaps she thought I was already sleeping)

I initially thought she said the package was "from them" (as in "from us"). Then I wondered, why would they get me something? It's not my birthday?! And why would they call it "package"?

I dismissed the idea of getting up from bed to figure out what it's all about. (Yes, I am THIS LAZY) But then finally, oxygenated blood found it's way to my brain and bam! Eureka! She meant package from U.S. (as in United States of America). Why am I such a dummy?!?!

And as I do not remember ordering any mail-order bride from the U.S., it can only mean one thing...

My Uh Huh Her CD is here!!!!

I threw-out my blanket and jumped out of my bed. I may have injured the "pinky" of my right foot (what the hell is it called anyway?) in the process. But it didn't matter... screw the little bastard, I have 4 more in that foot anyway, and they're bigger!

Here's the package...



I hurriedly opened the CD case to make sure there really is something inside... (it's the skeptic in me...)




So here I am... at 1:00AM, listening to the CD (making sure it's the real thing! hehehe... )

Damn... it's soooooo gooooood!!!

I know it's too early in my life to say this, but this has got to be the BEST album I have ever heard EVER...

I love myself for buying this for me... I love you, me. You're the best! (could any statement be so narcissistic? :) )

No comments: