Wednesday, September 12, 2007

breaking news: my 1st SG earthquake!

Just a few minutes ago, an earthquake which rated a whopping 7.9 in the Richter scale hit Indonesia. The tremors were felt here in Singapore.

We're on the 15th floor, so I really felt it!

Soooo cool.... :)

So now I can say that I have experienced earthquakes in 3 different countries: Philippines, Japan, and now Singapore. Not that I have any intention of collecting "them"... :)

On the news on TV just now, they are interviewing a Singaporean office employee who evacuated from their office building during the tremors. He said that he's just waiting so that they can go back to their building... Let me see... There's an earthquake and he can't wait to go back to work???

Well, that still doesn't beat my Japan earthquake experience: No one in the office didn't even care that there was an earthquake, they just don't f**ing care!

Can we then conclude that 1st world developed countries are composed of people who do not care if they are in the middle of a natural disaster? Maybe the Philippines should start doing this.... just be completely blase about disasters and problems, or better yet, be in complete and utter denial :

"Baha? Anung baha? Nasan ang baha?"[glirk glirk]
- Tomasino sa gitna ng Espana habang bumabagyo

Hmmmnn... nah... I don't think that would work... :)

2 comments:

iconpool said...

hahaha! baha?! anong baha?

neni said...

hahaha! tama yan reg...
ganyan dapat... lalo na kapag suot ang puting-puti at bagong labang UST science uniform!