Monday, September 17, 2007

it's like having chicken pox minus the chicken pox!

I received a phonecall last week from the HR dept. of my new company. My employment pass has been approved by M.O.M. and all I need to do is just undergo the standard medical examination. She also informed me that my first day of work is on October 1. Whaaaat?!!! That means I have another two weeks to be a bum. But the thing is... I'M BORED!!! I want to work! --> I never thought I'd say that at any point in my life!

Two weeks?!! what the hell am I gonna do in that span of time?

I don't want to go out... I'm too lazy... And besides, there's really no point of going around too much, it's not like I'm on vacation... I'll be here for a really long time. I'm afraid if I go out too much, I'll exhaust the excitement out of whatever interesting place there is on this little island.

I'm tired of reading books, technical books atleast(the only ones they have here in the flat). I'm currently reading "Mastering Unix". IMHO, they should have named it "Unix for Beginners" instead. It covers too many topics but doesn't go in-depth on what's really going on. Too broad, but awfully shallow, and damn heavy as well! Good book for those who are new to Unix and wants to be acquainted to what it can do, but if you're already a professional with a few years experience with unix/linux systems and would want to know what's really going on when you execute a command, go get yourself another book (perhaps a lighter one, unless you want more muscles...).

Now, going back to my rants...

I'm tired of watching TV with really lame news. It's my 45th day and I still haven't heard a single mention of any killings in the news... c'mon! that can't be possible! Not that I'm praying that some bored person go on a killing-spree or something(I think I'm the only bored person around here anyway)... I just find it hard to believe that no one has been committing those kinds of crimes. Perhaps the news agencies aren't just reporting them??? --> just goes to show how much faith I have in goodness of mankind!

I've cleaned the house, did all my laundry, ironed all of my clothes(even those that don't need ironing!), uploaded pictures in my flickr account, installed my VM in this PC, read every blogpost i'm subscribed to (even clicking "refresh" all to often), and now i have absolutely ran out of something to do!

Oh! It's dinner time! Now I have something to do! --> pathetic eh?

Funny how a few months back, I was ranting about not having time for myself...
ah! humans!... what complex and often discontented creatures! especially this one.

5 comments:

jasmine said...

pwede ka din umuwi dito :D hehehe :P sabay tayo ng first day :P

pwede din mag food trip :D hehe.. may mga street foods din ba dyan? :P
or learn chinese/malay :D or sabi mo nga, mag-shave na lang :P

hehe.. gooood luck >:D<

neni said...

libre mo ko pamasahe? hehehe...

naaah... too lazy... matutulog na lang ako... hehehe...

iconpool said...

ur funny nina... wow... who would have thought ul ran out of something to do there... hahahha! at dyan ka pa naging bum. haha! aliw!

try play games... ung mga no brainer... ung dati ung penguin.. palayuan.. tpos pag na-achieve mo na un... palapitan nman.. :)

jasmine said...

libre ka daw ni gloi ^_^

neni said...

@reg
ah! yun papaluin yung penguin?! anong akala mo sa akin, violent na tao?! *loads game...*

@jas
talga?! sabi mo yan ah!

@gloi
nakita mo yan gloi ah... ngayon alam mo na kung sino ang di mo bibilan ng pasalubong! nyaahahhaa... :)