Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Ghosts of Friendship Past and Friendship Present

Isn’t it a scary thought, knowing your “old” friends will be meeting your “new” friends?
where “new” = office friends
And “old” = college friends

The idea of them swapping notes about your “sketchy past” and your “manic present”… Oh, I don’t even know how to begin describing the horror.

Fine… it may seem narcissistic of me to think that my friends would even talk about me, but I have this gut-wrenching feeling that conversations like “has she always been this psychotic?” will be there around the corner. (ok, I AM narcissistic… and paranoid)

Being that I am not there to explain myself (and be overly defensive), I have this to say:

To my new friends, I was young and stupid (and needed the money)
Whatever you hear from my old friends, don’t believe them, they’re crazy people…

To my old friends, people change (not necessarily for the better), I’m now a little older but still a little stupid (and still in need of money)
Whatever you hear from my new friends, don’t believe them, they’re crazy people…

Now if only I could figure out a way for them not to read each other’s messages above…
(See how stupid still???)

If you think I’m being paranoid now, try imagining me if I’d find out any of them would be meeting my high school friends!?! O.M.G.!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha... >:)

jasmine said...

hahaha! better think of questions to ask soon =)) bente lang to keep my lips sealed >:)

neni said...

ah... crazy people...
hehehe...
:)

neni said...

waaaaaaaaa.....