Saturday, August 16, 2008

If you see any suspicious-looking person...

... that's probably me! Well, atleast for MRT officials!

Apparently, I look suspicious enough for MRT security officials to stop me as I was entering the station! (No, don't worry, I'm not writing this from prison...)

This morning, right after I tapped my ez-link card, a lady security guard approached me and asked if she could inspect the contents of my bag.

As we were walking towards the inspection table, I silently pondered the possible reasons why anyone would think I'm a "suspicious-looking person"

I did a very thorough self-check and asked myself critical questions in those precious few seconds:
- Did I forget to remove my fake moustache? (again?!)... Nope.
- Am I topless? Nope, it's not Wednesday.
- Did my brother taped a "BOMB INSIDE ->" note on my bag (again?! ... oh, wait, it was me who taped it on HIS bag)... Nope, my bag looks pretty decent.
- Am I wearing something "bin laden-esk"... I dunno, say an AK-47?... Nope
- Are my socks matching?... Nope... OMG! could this be it?

I was about to make a run for it, me being psychotic and all, thinking it would be really funny (you know, something to tell the grandkids someday). But I decided against it, since it would require too much effort on my part.

So I opened my bag.

Lady security guard: oh, a laptop eh?
Me: Yes [still thinking of making a run for it, and scream "for Allah!"... but that would mean leaving my bag behind... i have 2 sandwiches there, so no way in hell that would happen!]

Lady security guard: ah, no wonder so big?!
Me: Yes [wondering if she's referring to the bag or to me, since she also saw the sandwiches]

Lady security guard: ok. Thank you.
Me: Ok

I was quite tempted to make a joke about exploding cheese sandwiches, but I doubt she'd find it funny. But hey, atleast that joke won't require me to run!

------------

If you see any suspicious-looking person or article, please inform our staff or press the emergency communication button located at the side of the train door. Thank you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that means... you could easily smuggle a bomb inside MRT as long as you hide it inside a small bag... >:)

neni said...

...or just don't let me carry it! :)