Sunday, August 31, 2008

I see red

I'm beginning to appreciate the color red lately. I have no idea why, but I'm just so drawn to red-colored items these past few days, which is weird, since I never really liked red.

I'm more of a "blue person". But now, when I see blue, I find myself sort of bored with it.

Like the other day, I was ogling over a pair of red Reebok cross-trainers. I want it real bad! Thing is, none of my current clothes would match it(Unless I have plans to be a walking Philippine flag).

Red shoes... I know! It is so not me. I used to think that the only acceptable reasons for anyone to wear red shoes are:

1. you are aged 5 and below, and
2. you're a hooker.

Given that I am neither (although #1 is highly debatable), I am finding my behavior lately pretty strange.

I was also eying a red wallet in the Wallet Shop the other day. (yes, there is a store here that only sells wallets. It puzzles me how the people who own this establishment can eat on a regular basis... I mean how many wallet does a person buy in his lifetime???)

Am I changing into a totally different person?! This is just too drastic, I think... Blue to Red?!? It's like listening to Mozart and then shifting to Cher...

Is this a sign of a quarter-life crisis? What's next, premature hair-loss??? What's wrong with me? (and again, why am I irrationally panicking?!)

But you know what, I'd really be disturbed if I start liking PINK?! Oh my, I bet the apocalypse is just around the corner by that time...

------------------------

p.s. I should stop window shopping. It is obviously not good for my health...

p.p.s. I changed my mind, I still want to window shop.

p.p.p.s. Get used to it. I may not look like it, but I'm a woman, damn it!

No comments: