Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Holy Week in Cebu (part 4)

Day 4: April 12
(Easter Sunday)


We woke-up early and started to prepare our things for our 9am flight back to Manila. We got to the airport early so we decided to have breakfast there.

Tin got the spicy Ramen, while I settled for some pasta. We also got a sandwich. (Hindi din kame gutom noh?)

breakfast at Cebu airport


Wanted: Ramen Thief


After breakfast, we then waited for our boarding call. While there, I noticed a familiar face. I saw one of my French officemates (from a different department)! WTF?! What the hell is he doing in Cebu? Then I remembered one time that we had a group lunch with him, he said that he was taking dance lessons in SG from some Filipina dance instructor. So I'm guessing that's his "Philippine connection". A few minutes later, I saw a lady approach him. Based on her looks, I'm assuming she's Filipina. They were pretty sweet and all, hmmnn... so, sila pala? Hehehe... Chismosang bata!!!

Anyway, soon it was time to board. Thankfully, there were no seat-takeover incidents this time!

bulaga!



pa-cute mode



mahirap palang maging kargador



After about 50minutes of flight, we were back in Manila.

We took a cab to their place. While in the cab, I was trying to psych myself up as I am about to formally "Meet the Anchetas". I met her Dad and Mom briefly when we came back from Abra last March. But this time it's different as I'm actually going to spend a few hours in their house and have lunch with them. O.M.G. I don't remember feeling this nervous before, not even during my college thesis presentation, or any job interview I've ever done.

m9dhatter gave what could be the best (and most obvious) advice ever: "Just don't screw it up!"

I was really praying hard that I don't do something really absurd like randomly breaking dishes or shout "Oh! look! flying pigs!"

Anyway... going back.

Soon as we got to their place, Adrian (a.k.a. Ading), her youngest brother, helped us carry our stuff as we went into their house. Her mom was there watching TV in their living room.

Her tita soon came down from the 2nd floor, and she merrily met me. I've briefly talked to her on the phone for a few times in the past, and it was pleasant to finally put a face on the voice.

Tin helped me pack the things I'll be bringing to SG, her tita and her mom also helped, which was kind of nice and awkward at the same time.

After a few minutes, it was lunch time. Her mom cooked her specialty dish of "Papaitan", which was really good! And I'm not just saying that to make "sip-sip" (so conio!), it was really good!

Her dad wasn't around that time, which kind of lessened by nervousness.

After lunch, we sat again in the living room to watch some TV. Tin suddenly, and "conveniently" went upstairs for a while, which left me and her mom in the living room alone. This takes the cake for being the Most Awkward Moment of My Life Award.

Me and her mom talked about random stuff, and thankfully, I managed to pull-off some decent conversation.

At around 3pm, me and Tin left her house so we can meet-up with her friends in Araneta. Originally, Tin wasn't supposed to come along, and I was supposed to just meet her friends, including her ex. (a very long story. yes, even longer than this one!) But Tin came along anyway to keep me company.

By the time we came, some of her friends were already there. A few more minutes and a few more joined in, including her ex. Looks like we have a new winner for Most Awkward Moment of My Life Award!

Me and the ex went inside Starbucks to buy some coffee. I've talked to her on the phone in the past (part of the really long story), but this would be the first time I'd be talking to her personally. It was actually a pretty decent and sincere conversation.

After a few more minutes, it was time for me and Tin to go, as we need to pick-up my stuff from their house and then proceed directly to the airport for my flight back to SG.

Soon as we got to their house, I saw that her dad is already back and was watching TV in the living room.

I am always more anxious of meeting fathers. I know how protective they can be of their daughters. Like Tin, I'm the only daughter in our family as well, so I should know.

Anyway, going back, while Tin was again, "conveniently" somewhere else in their house, her dad and I managed some small talk. He jokingly asked "ilang taon na naman bago ka bumalik?" And I quickly smiled and responded "ah, hindi naman po taon. babalik din po ako ulit agad". ding! ding! ding! ding! and we have a new winner for Most Awkward Moment of My Life Award! :P

After a few more awkward minutes, we had to say our goodbyes as we headed off to the airport.

It was already getting dark when we reached the airport, so we decided to eat dinner there. Thank goodness the airport has jabee! Sadly, though, they ran out of Chicken Joy, so we had to settle for a burger. We also got dessert from the nearby Mini Stop

dessert from mini stop


We spent a few more minutes just sitting there and talking, but soon I had to board the plane. Since I can't stand seeing her just outside the immigration area, as usual, I asked her to go and leave first before I went in to queue-up for immigration check.

Somehow I find it easier to see her walk away, than for me to see her just standing as I am the one walking away.

Anyway, I watched from the other side of the gate as she waited for a cab. It took her quite some time to get one, but thankfully, after a few more minutes, she got into a cab. I then quickly ran to the immigration area, as my flight is already boarding! And guess what?! the queue in the immigration was long! Great!?!

The airline crew helped us "late-birds" cut the lines since we were already running late. We also hustled our way into the security check. From there, it was like an episode of the Amazing Race. It was quite difficult for me to run as I was wearing flip-flops.

There were a few more people with me on the same flight, and they too were running. And guess what, our boarding gate was the one at the end of the f***ing long hall!!!

Luckily, I made it just in time! It was a mix of emotions. I was happy I made it, but the realization that I'll be leaving again kind of hit me real hard. Back to work and that lonely place called Singapore.

Thus ends Day 4, with awkwardness, anxiety, sadness, and one hell of a work-out!

No comments: