Sunday, January 18, 2009

Merriest Christmas part 4

Day 4

We had to wake-up early for Day 4 since we needed to be on a scheduled ferry ride to Bintan, Indonesia. We took a cab from our flat to Tanah Merah Ferry terminal. Once we arrived at the terminal, we checked-in and got breakfast. We had Singapore's signature dish, Chicken Rice, in the food court of the terminal.

Around 11am, we were already in the ferry.

Ferry ride to Bintan, Indonesia


I look like I snorted something illegal...


After nearly an hour, we're finally in Indonesia!

Welcome to Indonesia!


We rode the hotel shuttle bus to Bintan Lagoon Resort. Once we arrived at the resort, we checked-in, but we had to wait for some time to put our stuff in the room since it wasn't ready yet. So while waiting, we decided to just go around the resort.





Then we decided to have lunch.

Buffet lunch @ Bintan Lagoon Resort and the return of the official food model :)


Another version of my "don't mess with my food" look


After lunch and waiting for some more time, our room was finally ready.





We rested in the room for awhile. It was at around this time that the "great flood" happened. Long story short: our room got flooded because the bathtub has a leak that we didn't notice earlier. Ah! good times! :))

This day was also a very pivotal time in our relationship. Whatever it was, I'm just glad right now that it was over and we're happy.

Anyway, going back, around 6.30pm, the girlfriend decided to go for a swim in the pool. Apparently, the pool was only until 7pm, so after the quick swim, we just went back to our room to have dinner.

Since we had so much food for lunch, we decided to have something light, and just got some sandwiches and fries. We ate them in our room while watching TV. (now that's what I call a vacation! :) )

After cleaning up, we tucked ourselves in bed and watched Saw 1 (hat tip to Reg for my Saw 1-4 copies )

I obviously enjoyed watching the movie (I've seen it several times already), but I doubt the feeling is mutual for the girlfriend. Now each time I ask her to watch a movie she responds with "Kahit ano, wag lang saw" hehehe... :))

So ends Day 4.

No comments: