Monday, January 19, 2009

Sawat-dee from Thailand!

(Hello from Thailand!)

I'm in Thailand right now for the support and maintenance(read: babysitting) of one of our platforms on one of the Telcos here.

I've been here since Wednesday, and plan to leave by the 4th of Feb. Since I'll be staying for quite a long time, we got a serviced apartment instead of a hotel room. The unit is nice. It's got a kitchen, a washing machine, a fridge, a dining area, a sofa, 2 TVs - one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. For a homebody, it's a great place to stay, but it's kind of sad to be alone in such a big place. Maybe if I had someone with me, it would be perfect. *ahem* girlfriend *ahem* hehehe...

As for the country itself, so far, so good. The prices of stuff are cheaper than in Singapore, especially the food and clothes. The streets kind of remind me of the Philippines, including the traffic jam! :) The people are polite and friendly. My only problem is the communication. Most of the people I encounter are not very fluent in English, which could be very frustrating. (especially when you're hungry!)

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Sawat-dee!
(goodbye!)

*yes, "Sawat-dee" both means hello and goodbye! Great, right?! That's one less greeting to memorize! :)

No comments: