Sunday, January 18, 2009

Merriest Christmas part 5 and 6

Day 5

Day 5 also started early since the girlfriend wanted to see the sunrise. We walked along the beach and took some pictures.











Best view I've seen so far :)


Beach shadows...


After taking some pictures and enjoying the view, we decided to have some breakfast.

Buffet (AGAIN?!) breakfast


The food model with matching product advertisement


After breakfast we proceeded to our room to fix our stuff and rest for awhile. We checked-out by 12nn and rode the shuttle bus to the ferry terminal.

Since we arrived early in the terminal, we decided to have some snacks. The girlfriend got some noodles while I got some ice cream and chips (which we bought because snoopy was in the cover) :)



A few minutes later, the ferry arrived and before we knew it, we were already back in Singapore.

We took a cab from Tanah Merah ferry terminal to Crowne Plaza Hotel. We put out stuff down in our room and admired it's contemporary design.

nag-e-emote ang bata...





Then, we proceeded to Orchard Road for some last minute pasalubong shopping.

After shopping for some stuff, we got dinner at California Pizza Kitchen along Orchard. I chose this place because I was craving for their Red Velvet cake... yum yum... :)



After dinner, we rushed back to our flat to get the girlfriend's remaining stuff, and then headed back to the hotel to rest.

So ends Day 5

Day 6

Day 6 was the day I hoped would never come. It was the girlfriend's last day in Singapore. We woke-up early and went straight to the airport. The hotel has direct access to T3, so from T3, we took the skytrain to T2.

We got some coffee and pastries from the Starbucks in T2, and then we rode a bus to the budget terminal. We arrived in the terminal early so we just sat there and ate our breakfast.

Time flew by so fast and it was time to say goodbye. I was standing on the other side of the glass wall, while the girlfriend was waving goodbye on the other side. She was walking away, looking back every once and awhile until I could no longer see her. I still stood there for a few more minutes.

While I was there, I saw another couple saying their goodbyes. The girl was also going back to the Philippines, while the guy stayed standing near me. I was watching them closely as they did the same routine my girlfriend and I did... looking back, waving goodbye, walking away, looking back, waving goodbye, walking away, until the image fades and the other one is left standing.

The guy smiling the whole time, but as soon as his girlfriend was out of sight, the smile immediately turned into a sniff, as he discretely wiped the tears from his eyes. Bumigay din ang loko.

After another few minutes, I decided to get away from the airport.

So ends Day 6.

No comments: