Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cultural diversity is killing my humor-mojo


Not to toot my own horn, but I've been called "funny" quite a number of times (but maybe not as much as "crazy") by a number of people.

I just can't stand serious conversations. There will always be a voice or image in my head taunting me to say something self-deprecating or at least make me burst out in mad laughter with no apparent reason. (Much to the horror of anyone near me)

But living on this island has kept me from being my usual unhinged self.

If there is one thing I find difficult about living in a different country with so many different kinds of people, it is definitely not the weird food, nor the homesickness, nor the language, nor the weather. It's this constant need to explain the point of my joke! Jeez! Now I know what it feels like to be in Jas' big shoes (peace!)

Seriously... I have great punchline delivery (with matching props and other audio-visual effects!?!) and awesome comedic timing, and not to mention proper diction and grammar(well, maybe not that "proper", but definitely better than most of them here)... But alas! Everyone seems to be left with this gigantic question mark on their forehead each time I say something “funny” (or “offensive” depending on who you ask… :) )

Oh well, it could be worse. At least there isn't a full repertoire of duck jokes made in my honor! (peace uli! :) )
I'll be leaving you with this image, because apparently, ducks are f&^*-ing funnier than me!!! What's happening to the world?!?!

image stolen from courtesy of duckjokes.blogspot.com

4 comments:

jasmine said...

nyahahaha =))

pot said...

hala na...

wala na kasi ako... nde ka na kasi nagbabasa ng script mo.. tsk!

neni said...

@jas
hehehe... nakakarma na ata ako sa kakapang-asar syo...

@pot
nyaaahahahaa.... oo nga e, dapat nandito ka, para may taga-tawa ako sa mga jokes ko!

jasmine said...

hahaha =)) ayan alam mo na yung feeling =))