Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wala kang katulad, Manny...

I'm not exactly a Manny Pacquiao fan. Hell, I'm not even sure how to spell his name correctly?! And let's just not discuss his attempt at public office, that's just hitting below the belt (pun intended)

I mean, he's just like any other athlete, so I don't get all the hoopla he's getting from knocking people out... that's his job!

I am equally puzzled at how mesmerized a great majority of us are with his fights.
According to news reports, no crime is committed in the entire country while he's boxing!?! Wow, if that's the case, maybe he should fight every second of his life! Then maybe, I just might be a really good fan! :)

But then, something totally changed my mind. While watching ESPN, I was in awe...

It was a Nike commercial with Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer, Kobe Bryant, and 2 other dudes who shall remain nameless to me, since I don't give a rat's ass who they are... and what-the... is that Manny??? What-the... it's him!!!

I don't know about you, but anyone who shares a TV spot with Maria Sharapova, has my absolute admiration... (Yes, I AM THIS SHALLOW, and if you are looking for substance in this post, you are in for a great disappointment. :) )

C'mon, it's Maria freakin' Sharapova, people... As one reporter so accurately puts it "She's as hot as Anna Kournikova, only she can actually play tennis!"

Here's the Nike commercial:


Oh, what was I talking about...yeah, Manny...
So to you Manny-boy, keep on punching people... (and while you're at it, consider changing your surname to something a little easier to spell... :) )

2 comments:

k a r e n said...

Wow, interesting factoid. I certainly wasn't aware that crime rates dropped considerably when he's playing. I didn't expect "hard working" holdappers and snatchers to be hard core manny fans. LOL.

But yeah, he's certainly made a name for himself... enough that he's sharing an Ad with some really big, well-known athletes. kewl!

neni said...

yup, madaming taga-hanga yang si manny-boy! pati yung mga pulis na dapat nag-fi-file ng crime report, nanonood ng laban nya! :)