Sunday, July 17, 2005

lessons learned today...

I went out to buy things I’ll be needing before I move in to the apartment…
I was really happy… I feel really independent! As in! indescribable… ang babaw noh?!
Medyo maraming kamalasang nang yari sa akin ngayong araw, pro ok lang din… marami akong natutunan ngayong araw:

1. never wear red if u plan to go to uniwide warehouse…
napagkamalan akong staff ng uniwide…. Apparently, ang uniform pla nila ay plain red shirt. And guess what, I was wearing one too!!!


2. I’m a lousy shopping cart “driver”
I never really shop that much stuff for me to use a shopping cart, I just usually use a basket. Pero kanina, I had to get a shopping cart since medyo malalaki yung mga bibilin ko. I never knew that “driving” one of those things required motor skills beyond what I developed! I almost knocked out a pile of items…twice!!! After a couple of minutes, I kinda got a hang of it…. At the end of the day, I think I just acquired a very valuable skill that i will someday impart on my childen and my children's children....

3. if u plan to shop, never bring something irreplaceable
I made a shopping list to make things easier and faster. I wrote it on my “mini notebook” which also contains things I need to do, reminders, schedule, and more importantly, some jibber-jabber poems I wrote…. Anyway, I placed my mini notebook on top of the shopping cart, and the next thing I knew, It was gone…. Kinabahan ako soooobra…. Baka kse may makabasa… nakakahiya!!! After a few seconds of panic, nakita ko, nahulog lang pla sya sa lower part ng cart…. Ggggrrrr….

4. a shopping list is an open-ended list.
as I said, I made a list pra mas mabilis at wala akong makalimutan. At the same time, it’s a good way of controlling how much money I’ll be spending. But in this case, the 12-item list grew to a 25-item list!!! So much for time and resource management!!!

5. never explore possible routes when carrying tons of stuff
after buying stuff from uniwide, I decided na idaan na cla sa apartment. I never had a chance to explore possible routes to and fro the apartment before… so I realized “hhmmnn…. Tignan ko kaya kung anu-anong pwede kong sakyan….” So, there I was, carrying “timba” w/ matching “tabo” and other stuff… (hahahaha… imagining this makes me really laugh!!!) along edsa cor. Shaw. Damn! Ang bigat pla!!! It took me 30 minutes to realize that!!! So I had it… naghanap na lang ako ng taxi… pro wala kong makita… L whenever I move to another spot, may biglang susulpot na taxi dun sa dati kong pwesto!!! Ggrrr… malas!!! So, confident na kaya ko pa, I took a chance at nag-bus ako, bahala na lumagpas! Once I reached the apartment, my hands were killing me…

No comments: