Saturday, October 04, 2008

Aha! So the world loves me afterall...

On my way home after watching the amazing play, "The Vagina Monologues" with Roel (details to be blogged later), I realized I will be passing by several malls. And you know what that means... "Ring the church bells, light your torches, and carry your pitchforks, villagers! We're going shoe-hunting!"


I am dead set and fully committed to finding my red rubber shoes! I want it, and by all means, I'm gonna run soon wearing it!

I did a quick round-up of the shoe stores I know around Orchard Road(yes, as in the street full of malls), but still, it was not there. But still keeping my head held up high, I rode the train to my next destination. After a few more MRT stations, I stopped by Ang Mo Kio's AMK Hub.

By this time, my feet was already killing me. As this was an unplanned shopping trip, I wasn't wearing comfortable shoes. In fact, I was wearing boots with 2-inch heels. Shopping while even in heels? Now that's what I call commitment to a cause! (and what some others would call "stupidity" and "foot-murder")

But in spite of all the chivalric sacrifices, (and the possible future varicose veins I'll be getting out of this) the red Reebok crosstrainer is still nowhere to be found...

But as if life was teaching me a lesson on "everything happens for a reason", while on my way out of one of the stores in AMK hub, something caught my eyes and suddenly, everything was in slow-motion:

[enter Roberta Flack's sultry voice] The first time, ever I saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes...

There it was, sitting oh-so-pretty in the "featured shoe" section... Nike's RED Free Dynamic TR Trainer 7.0 II Presto MD (who knew shoes have names this long??)

Given my past failures (since my feet is too freakin' small!!!) I was quite skeptic about this. I asked the salesguy if they have my size. After checking their stocks, he handed me the smallest pair of shoes he got from storage. I tried both on, and walked around the store. It felt good... (probably because my feet was already aching from my boots!)

After a few rounds of walking, without much fanfare, I told him I'll get it. This, I think surprised the both of us. Me, because I don't even know the price yet, and him, because no woman decides THAT fast!

(pictures snatched from another website I forgot, I'm too tired to take pictures of my own...sorry)



Yes, it's blaring red. So what?!

I'm happy...

No comments: