Tuesday, October 07, 2008

No Sir, That’s NOT an elevator button…

I was on the MRT on my way home tonight. As the train stopped one station before my stop, a drunken Indian guy moves near the train doors to alight. While the door was opening, he reached for the Emergency Button near the door and then leaves the train as if he has done nothing absolutely absurd. (not to mention illegal)

The train captain issued a public announcement, prompting whoever pressed the button to speak on the intercom to relay whatever the "emergency" is. A few seconds later, 2 MRT officials went in to check the train and obviously found nothing.

This is the first time I’ve seen this happen, and I doubt this kind of this happens often.

But the really weird thing was NO ONE reacted AT ALL. No one was pissed-off, no one scratched their heads, and more importantly, no one laughed (well, except for me)

What the hey?! My MRT rides are becoming weirder by the day...

2 comments:

iconpool said...

turns out... you're the weird one. like always. :D

neni said...

aba? ako pa yung weird?!
I wasn't the one who pressed the red button just for the hell of it...

but it's really funny...