Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Success!!!

After several attempts at cooking, I have finally concocted something I would really eat in real life!!! :)

First, let me show you my previous attempts:

Vege-meat Mechado. Thank God I was really hungry that lunch time, otherwise, I would not have eaten this.


Mixed vege with scrambled eggs and low-calorie crackers. I undercooked the vegetables... I now know what herbivore animals feel when eating... and it's NOT good.


So basically lunchtime for me was self-inflicted torture. I'm actually beginning to think I subconsciously hate myself. Why me, why are you doing this to me???

But last night, I decided to cook dinner. Not wanting to eat rice, I decided to experiment with noodles. So scrapping our fridge for anything that can go together in a dish, this is what I got:

Ingredients:
1 pc vege-meat sausage, sliced
2 pc vege-meat squid, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetarian tom yum paste
2 baby carrots, sliced
shredded chinese cabbage
minced onion
minced garlic
bean vermicelli noodles
1/2 cup water


Instructions:
Soak the noodles in water for 10minutes. Stir-fry the garlic, onion, carrots. Add the vegemeat. Once the onion is nearly translucent, add the noodles. Stir and constantly add the water to make sure the noodles does not stick to the pan. Add the chinese cabbage. Add the tom yum paste. Stir until the paste is fully integrated in the mix. If everything seems to look like they're cooked (my only basis... hehehe..) stop the stove.

And walla... this is what I got:

It may not look good in this picture, but damn! It was AWESOME!!!

Sorry for doubting you, me. I now know how much you love me, me.

Dinner was f*ing awesome!!!

No comments: