Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Overanalyzing "Interesting"

When some tells you that something is "interesting", what exactly do they mean?


I remember watching a talk show the other day, wherein the featured guest was whipping-up some desserts. One of them was toasted bread with cheese and chocolate. I know, it's an odd combination, but according to the guest, it's her childhood comfort food. 

As the host of the show tasted the "dessert", she said "Ok, that was... interesting..." Looking at her reaction, I think the words she was searching for were "Ok, what the hell did I just put in my mouth?!"

So when someone tells you that you are "interesting", what exactly are they trying to say? Does that mean you're weird enough to be entertaining? Does it mean you actually sound like someone with sense? Or does it mean you taste like toast with cheese and chocolate in a what-the-hell-are-you-doing-inside-my-mouth kind of way??

I know, too much overanalyzing in one day... sigh...

No comments: