Thursday, October 09, 2008

It's a good day, til your zipper decides otherwise!

This was supposed to be a good day. It started off so well...

I woke up pretty early. I have FINALLY picked-up the granola bars that I've been planning to bring to the office since last week. For the first time since we moved to Yew Tee, I was able to get a seat in a very crowded MRT train this morning. There were no smelly MRT-mates all the way through! I had no new issues when I checked my email in the office. And to top it all off, I got a very wonderful "good morning!" message in YM. (Now that in itself makes this a great day!)

I was actually reflecting on buying lottery tickets, that's how great I feel about this day!

Then I went to the comfort room to do #1. (strange story transition, I know). Just as I was about to put on my pants, I realized that the zipper is suddenly not working. Holy WTF! And of all days, I decided to wear a top that's not long enough to cover the front of my pants! And by the way, I also don't have a long jacket I can wear to cover it. Wow, perfect combination!

So basically, there I was in a semi-dark little CR cubicle, contemplating on how to go about this tragedy of sorts. Since walking around in the office without pants on is generally not a good idea (or so I've been told), I have to think of something.

I went out of the CR as slowly as possible, not wanting to disturb my pants. I'm pretty sure the nuns in my old highschool would be so proud of the way I was walking.

Oh yeah, did I mention that the CR is freakin' far from my seat?!

I think it took me about 5 minutes to reach my seat. I swear, a turtle could have beaten me to it hands down. I was able to fully appreciate the details of our corridor walls as I was walking ever so painfully slow.

Once I reached my seat, I got my bag hoping I still have my stash of safety pins. I used to carry a lot in case of emergency. I started carrying them since Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" (not that I expect Justin Timberlake to rip-off my top one of these days... but shit happens, right?)

Anyway, going back: I was left with only one safety pin?! One measly safety pin to hold my pants together... Great! Just great!

Screw the lottery tickets, I might as well be hit by a speeding turtle today!

I f*ing hate zippers...

No comments: