Saturday, October 04, 2008

Lack of common courtesy just saddens me...

I went to Subway today to have lunch before going to the National Library to watch a play. As usual, there were a lot of people eating, but I was fortunate enough to share a table with a stranger.

While having my all-time favorite Vege-delight sandwich (minus the olives), I noticed an Indian couple looking around for a place to seat. Thing is, all of the people seated in their places were still eating. All, except for two people sitting in one table.

There was a four-seater table which was being monopolized by these two. What's worse was they have obviously finished eating for quite some time now. They've even finished up their big-ass jumbo drink! They just sat there, chit-chatting like no one's business.

For a good 10 minutes, the chit-chatty couple just sat there while the Indian couple just stood, probably frustrated that they can't eat their now not-so-hot-anymore Subway sandwiches. Until finally, some other table cleared up, and they're finally able to eat.

How freakin' sad is that?!

I know there are a lot of people who hate it when some other people are standing near them, waiting for their table WHILE they are still eating. I'm in fact, one of them. I don't appreciate being watched while I eat, waiting to see if they can now get my table. I paid to eat here as well, so let me finish my meal!

But if you're already VERY through eating and you know for a fact that some other hungry person needs your table, for the love of all things good, move your ass off the chair and let these people eat!

You know what's even more sad? As I passed by the chit-chatty couple's table on my way out (yes, I've finished eating but they're still there), I heard them talking. This is when I discovered that they were Pinoys!

Tsk...tsk... I was always under the impression, and in fact proud, that our Filipino culture has always been innately courteous... I guess it's not always the case...

Sad, just sad.

No comments: