Sunday, October 05, 2008

Talking Vajayjays

No, this is not another gym horror story about naked women.

I'm talking about the play The Vagina Monologues. (Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine writing the word "vagina" in my blog. Suddenly, I feel like we can talk about anything now...)

The Vagina Monologues poster

I was alerted by a friend that the show will open in Singapore on Oct1 and will run until the 12th. Soon as I knew, I made sure I had one Saturday free to watch it.

So with my dude friend, Roel (yes, I got a dude to watch it with me.) we braved the theater hall and prepared our senses for what promises to be the year's sexiest play.

Before entering the main theater, there were ladies there selling the programme and some sort of notebook/organizer, whose proceeds would go to AWARE, a women's rights group. Given that they mentioned the cause, we felt "compelled" to help out, especially me, since I'm a woman... I mean, what kind of woman would not want to support women's rights?! (Why are women so good at emotional blackmail?)

3SGD for the advancement of Women's Rights (ka-presyo lang ng chicken rice!)



Anyway, so what about the play? It was AWESOME!!!

There are just so many things to write about, and I'm shit tired right now. But I promise to write as much as I can, and post as soon as possible. Be warned, though, as there will be a lot of things in that entry which would make catholic nuns blush tomato-red...

If you intend to watch the play, expect witty lines, toys (the ones not made for kids), hand mirrors, flying sanitary napkins, a lot of moaning, pole dancing, a four-women striptease, child birth, lesbian encounters (not 1, but 2!), "useful" facts, tragic stories, and very, very good advices.

Aren't you just excited? :)

No comments: