Sunday, October 19, 2008

procrastination can be bad for you and your guitar's health...

Today's a typically boring Sunday. I actually have a ton of chores to do like cleaning-up my room, fixing my closet, and buying some groceries, but it's raining heavily outside. (connection?, hold your horses, here it goes...)

This kind of weather just makes me want to lay around and slither ever so slowly around the house. Rainy days and sunny days have this effect on me. Which basically means I am always lazy! :)

Ever the great procrastinator, instead of starting today's task, I decided to do other "unlisted" things today. So basically everything I DON'T need to do, I opted to do... I'm just crazy like that.

After lunch, I ate a caramel bar at the slowest possible pace. The way I was nibbling it would make a mouse die of hunger (or impatience, which ever comes first). I also read a newspaper... LAST WEEK'S newspaper, at worst! And to seal the deal on how boring this day is, I watched *gasp* the History channel!

After watching "Lost Worlds: Herod the Great" on History Channel, I snapped out of my trance and realized that I just wasted a good few hours of my life. (But at least now I know that Herod has built the most lavish and most advanced bath houses known in ancient times... Now if only I can use this knowledge to rule over the world?!)

Still looking for useless things to do, I saw my guitar standing innocently in one corner. I decided that I should play around, and by play around I mean, make really annoying noises.

Everything sounded terrible, and thus only 2 possibilities:
1. The guitar is not tuned properly.
2. I suck.

As my big ego is keeping me warm from all of these cold and rainy weather, I decided that it's reason #1.

So reciting my "Eddie Ate Dynamite, Good Bye Eddie" code over and over, I miserably attempted to tune my guitar.

"Eddie Ate Dynamite, Good Bye Eddie" is the code I use to tune the strings of a guitar. Each letter corresponds to the note of each of the strings. E is for the top most, thickest string, A, the second, D, the third, and so on. I'm pretty sure there are more non-violent codes out there, but I am obviously sticking to this one! :)

As I was about to finish tuning the last "Eddie" string, I heard a very familiar sound... Oh shoots!!! I snapped the string?!?! (am I really that violent??)




Oh great... Now I have to find my spare strings and change the one I snapped. Now I have to do something I actually NEED to do! darn it!!!

After a few minutes of tossing stuff out of my closet and drawers, I finally found my spares:



After re-stringing, I tried playing again, but it was still horrendous, which, again, gives us 2 possibilities:
1. The other strings hate the new one.
2. I really suck.

I love myself too much to admit to #2, so here's what I think:



The other strings just hate the new one's guts.

So now I gonna have to re-string the whole damn thing! And oh, yeah, my room is still in disarray (especially, after searching for the spare strings) and now I'm hungry and I have nothing to eat since I haven't bought any groceries yet! And it's still pouring outside!

Lesson learned (aside from random facts about Herod) :
STOP PROCRASTINATING!!!
(OR stop tuning your guitar and admit that you suck :) )

No comments: